If you have already amended your tax return(s), to download/print amended tax return(s), please review the following instructions:
- If you're using TurboTax Online, sign in to the appropriate TurboTax account.
- Under Your tax returns & documents, select Amend (change) return.
- Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
- In the left hand-menu, select Tax Tools.
- Select Print Center.
- Then, Print, save or preview this year’s return.
- Now check the 2017 federal returns box and choose which forms to print out.
- Select View or print forms, then go ahead and print.
However, if you have not received the refund(s) you originally filed for or paid taxes owed, then you should wait until those transaction(s) occur because the IRS and/or state department(s) of revenue may determine the change(s) you need to make and may not want you to file amended tax return(s) and instead, may provide instructions how they want you to proceed.
Furthermore, TurboTax calculates amended tax refund(s) or taxes owed based on the assumption you already received the refund(s) you originally filed for or paid taxes owed. Thus, if you don't actually receive the original refund(s) you filed for or need to adjust the amount(s), please keep that in mind when you amend your tax return(s). Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:
- Refund Status Support
- What does it mean to "amend" a return?
- Do I need to amend?
- Can I amend if I already received my refund?
- How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed?
- How do I add another form (like a W-2) or add/change/update something after I already filed?
- How does the refund math work on amendments?
- I received a refund when I filed, but now I owe taxes on the amendment. How do I handle this?
- Can I e-file my 1040X to amend my return?
Still have questions?Make a post