turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I complete my deceased daughters taxes but the final question on turbo tax is what was her 2016 gross income I dont have access to that information. What do I do

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I complete my deceased daughters taxes but the final question on turbo tax is what was her 2016 gross income I dont have access to that information. What do I do

If you do not have access to your daughter's 2016 information, you will have to mail the returns.  Make sure you have included a copy of Form 1310.  This way, the IRS will re-issue the check so that you or the executor of her estate can cash it.

To generate the Form 1310, be sure you have let TurboTax know your daughter has passed.  In the "My Info" section of TurboTax (where you enter her Personal Info), the last question in section 3 is "I am preparing this return for [name], who has passed away."  TurboTax will then request the date she passed and will ask you all the right questions to get her tax return done right.

My condolences on the loss of your daughter.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you do not have access to your daughter's 2016 information, you will have to mail the returns.  Make sure you have included a copy of Form 1310.  This way, the IRS will re-issue the check so that you or the executor of her estate can cash it.

To generate the Form 1310, be sure you have let TurboTax know your daughter has passed.  In the "My Info" section of TurboTax (where you enter her Personal Info), the last question in section 3 is "I am preparing this return for [name], who has passed away."  TurboTax will then request the date she passed and will ask you all the right questions to get her tax return done right.

My condolences on the loss of your daughter.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies