Solved: How can I change my direct deposit to get my stimu...

How can I change my direct deposit to get my stimulus check

If your return has been filed & accepted, you cannot change your banking information in TurboTax.  You can only use the IRS Get My Payment, if the IRS does not have your banking information.  If your banking information is wrong, you will be mailed a check.

Use the "Get My Payment" application to:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or by mail?
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if:
    • We don't have your direct deposit information and
    • We haven't scheduled your payment yet

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

• Check your payment status
    • We haven't scheduled your payment yet

Per the IRS .... you cannot change the DD info that they have on file due to security issues.  You can only add DD info where there is none already.  When the DD is rejected they will convert it to a paper check mailed to the address on the return.

Q23. What if the bank account number I used on my recent tax return is closed or no longer active? C...

A23. If the account is closed or no longer active, the bank will reject the deposit and you will be issued a check that will be mailed to the address we have on file for you. This is generally the address on your most recent tax return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS). You do not need to call the IRS to change your Payment method or update your address at this time.

As required by law and for security reasons, a letter about the Payment will be mailed to each recipient’s last known address within 15 days after the Payment is made. The letter will provide information on how the Payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the Payment.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center