cheneehoward

How can I amend my return if I didn't file through turbo tax.

DanPaul02

If you did not file with TurboTax, you cannot use TurboTax to amend.  You amend using the same service that you filed with, or you can download Form 1040X from the IRS and do a manual amend.

You can only efile the Amended 1040X return from the same account you efiled the original return.  If you didn't use Turbo Tax you will have to print and mail the amended return.

Ideally you should go back to who did it and they should amend it for free if it was their error.  To amend a return you did somewhere else or you don't have the original.tax file,  you would first have to fill out Turbo Tax like you are doing the original return and pay for it.  You have to recreate the actual wrong original return.  Then when it matches each line that you really filed you have to tell Turbo Tax you will mail it so it thinks it was filed.  Then you can amend it.

For the current year you can use the online version by first recreating the original return exactly as filed.  Then pay the fees and say to mail it and print it out so it think you filed it.  Then when it matches every line you can amend.  How to amend an Online return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-return/00/27439

Or you can buy the Desktop CD/Download program here, https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/