Solved: How can I amend my 2018 return online to include repayment of the first time homebuyer credit?

How can I amend my 2018 return online to include repayment of the first time homebuyer credit?

You can not amend your tax return online.  The IRS requires that amended tax returns be mailed.  This link How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed  has has information on amending your tax return that you may find useful.

If you originally filed your return with TurboTax, we can help streamline the steps outlined above. If you used TurboTax Online, simply log in to your account and select “Amend a return that was filed and accepted.”   You can use TurboTax to complete your amended tax return however you will have to print out the return and mail it to the IRS

[Edited 03/10/2020 | 2:40 pm PDT]

[Edited 03/10/2020 | 2:40 pm PDT]

You amend a return that has been filed did you file your return?

Yes, it was then rejected.

I have added information to my original answer to clarify how to amend your tax return online.

The problem I am running into is that I can't find an option for the first time home buyer credit.