Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I access my 2017 taxes so I can print them off?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Was the 2017 return prepared in Online TurboTax?  If so, have you located it in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" when you look under 2017, and is it the SAME account that you used or are using for your 2018 online return?

When you try to view/download/print the 2017 return, does it ask you to pay to access?

What's the story on your 2018 return?  Has it already been filed, or is it still in preparation?  You appear to be using Deluxe, is that correct?

If you're only needing the 2017 AGI, there should be a free link in that same "Your Tax Returns & Documents" section when you expand that section and choose 2017.  Look for a link "View adjusted gross income (AGI.)"

Yes it asks me to pay access; I’ve already filed 2018 and 2017 was prepared online TurboTax

Was the 2018 return filed with online TurboTax?  And what edition--Free, PLUS, Deluxe, etc.  If you used Deluxe as is indicated by your screen name above, the 2017 return should not be locked since Deluxe is a paid edition.  Or are the 2018 and 2017 returns in different accounts?

Or did you file the 2018 return elsewhere?

I was pretty sure I did the Free edition

What edition is your 2018 return in now?   Did you already try to upgrade before asking here and ended up in Deluxe?

I think I might have, but I can’t see how to undo it

You can't downgrade since you've already filed.  If you are in Deluxe and try to pay now, it will charge you 59.99 for Federal, and possibly 44.99 for a state return.

I'll tell you in an Answer below how to phone TurboTax Support and tell them you upgraded too far by accident.  If you are lucky, they may just unlock the 2017 return for you.

Another option is a free 2017 tax return transcript from the IRS.  You may be able to immediately download a 2017 return transcript at the IRS website at the link below.  If you don't qualify to open a free IRS account there, you can order one to come by postal mail, which normally takes 5-10 calendar days.   
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript">http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript</a>

If your 2018 return is now in Deluxe, then you have upgraded too far.  You cannot downgrade a return that has already been filed.  If you try to pay now, it would charge you for Deluxe Federal and possibly a state return, if applicable.

Since you are in Deluxe, you should have phone privilege.   Here's how to reach Customer Support so you can tell them you upgraded too far accidentally and ask them if they will unlock the 2017 return.

In this tool, where it asks what product, choose "Online", and then for Which Edition, choose "Deluxe."

In the issue line say (without quotes) "Please unlock 2017 return.  I upgraded too far by accident."

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Mon-Fri

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies