turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dmh7853

If the Form 8606T is approved by IRS on 2/15 as stated, will my tax return automatically be filed that day? I

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
TomK
Expert Alumni

If the Form 8606T is approved by IRS on 2/15 as stated, will my tax return automatically be filed that day? I

No.  You will need to log back into your return, review to make sure there are no other problems, and then file it.

It's 2/15. I just went in. Still not available. Ugh.
mainatt

Just noticed elsewhere on this site that new date for form is now 2/22.  What is going on??

Why aren't we given the option to file and submit the form later? From my understanding, it's just a formality.
dmh7853

Really, now it's 2/22?   Wish someone can light a fire under someone.

I knew this was going to happen. This happened last year but with a different form. It was pushed back 3 times.

Mine still shows 2/15. I'm not sure when they're going to push the change out for use. I'll check again this evening and then again tomorrow morning. If it's not there, then I'll try another vendor and try my luck there.
joejmath

Hopefully we can file late today, mine still shows 2/15

The Turbo Tax site still has 2/15 as the available date. here's hoping. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...>
This will definitely make me think twice about taking a withdrawal from my Roth IRA ever again. Ha!!

I filed tonight - the form was available. But my return amount dropped, substantially, once the form filled in. Not sure if there were some other factors, but I'm just glad it's completed. This has been a bad experience this year. Not all on Turbo Tax. I know there were a lot of delays this year.
Good luck everyone.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies