turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi. I recived 1099 form with incorrect surname. One Letter incorrectly spelled. They wrote letter T but it should be letter D. Can i fill taxes with this issue? Ssn is ok

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi. I recived 1099 form with incorrect surname. One Letter incorrectly spelled. They wrote letter T but it should be letter D. Can i fill taxes with this issue? Ssn is ok

It will likely be OK to file. Normally, the most important part is the SSN.

I would advise you to contact the company so that the 1099-R is correct for next year.

There is a small chance that the IRS may write you a letter for explanation, in which case you will just do whatever they ask in terms of identity verification. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It will likely be OK to file. Normally, the most important part is the SSN.

I would advise you to contact the company so that the 1099-R is correct for next year.

There is a small chance that the IRS may write you a letter for explanation, in which case you will just do whatever they ask in terms of identity verification. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies