ariella1023

Hello what happen if IRS send my refund direct deposit but my account is closed?

IRS recently sent my refund but my cheking account is closed, how i can get my refund?

If the IRS is unable to direct deposit your federal tax refund they will send a refund check in the mail to the address entered on your tax return.

jakeross91

You will get paper check in 12 weeks
ricky_rios_65

Really it will take 12 weeks?
amb81188

12 weeks????
ajthaking

No it does not take 12 weeks a lot of people are saying that the most it takes is 2 weeks but a lot of people are getting them back in 10 days
bigpoppa8809

If my bank rejected my refund today, how long will the irs update my account or how long will I receive a check if I stay in Georgia
xobabygirl

My bank closed my account. But wmr shows that they deposit my refund on the 22nd. Will the bank hold on to my refund for me? Wmr hasn’t updated where’s my refund yet and it’s the 26th today.
bigpoppa8809

The bank will not hold the check, I called my old bank and ask the same thing! They have to send it back to the irs. The irs will mail out a paper check
nytodelawaregirl

Going through the same thing @xobabygirl it's torture because my bank is letting on much info and neither is WMR
cherryblossom_45

It will update. My wmr updated twice in a 24 hour period. Check mail date 3/6. My bank closed my account without informing me after I filed my taxes. Was supposed to direct deposit on 2/22. Hope this helps.
kbrock45

Anyone have a time frame. When your dad was suppose to hit, how long did it take to get rejected and receive in mail