turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jrbchi

If I did my taxes via the download, does it not get saved on the cloud?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rosales

Hello jrbchi!

Yes, if you filed with us you are able to view filed returns on your "My Tax Timeline." If you do not see any information on your timeline you may be accessing a different account which is very common.

Here are the steps to check and see if you have accidently created multiple accounts:

1. Go to our account recovery page.
  2. Enter either your:
  • Phone number (recommended)
  • Email Address
  • UserID

3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

You will either be sent a code to help you recover your account or be given a list (through email or on screen) of possible accounts associated to your information. We will list the recommended account for you at the top of that list.

If you are still unable to recover your account after trying these steps, please select the link that says Try Something Else. You will be guided to enter additional information to help identify the right account and several questions to verify your identity.

Once you are signed into your account, we recommend you add or update your phone number. This will increase your account security and make future account recovery attempts easier.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to comment back with any additional questions. Best regards and thank you for using TurboTax!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Rosales

Hello jrbchi!

Yes, if you filed with us you are able to view filed returns on your "My Tax Timeline." If you do not see any information on your timeline you may be accessing a different account which is very common.

Here are the steps to check and see if you have accidently created multiple accounts:

1. Go to our account recovery page.
  2. Enter either your:
  • Phone number (recommended)
  • Email Address
  • UserID

3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

You will either be sent a code to help you recover your account or be given a list (through email or on screen) of possible accounts associated to your information. We will list the recommended account for you at the top of that list.

If you are still unable to recover your account after trying these steps, please select the link that says Try Something Else. You will be guided to enter additional information to help identify the right account and several questions to verify your identity.

Once you are signed into your account, we recommend you add or update your phone number. This will increase your account security and make future account recovery attempts easier.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to comment back with any additional questions. Best regards and thank you for using TurboTax!

jrbchi

This did not work.  The taxes were filed under my email address but when I access it does not show the completed 2015 tax return.
Rosales

Thank you for responding! If this option did not help you may want to speak with a  TurboTax Support Representative. I will provide a link to guide you on how to do so. Another option you have is to request a transcript from the Internal Revenue Service.
Rosales

How to contact us:

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Start by signing in to your account (if you aren't already). Why do I need to sign in?
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question, and then:
    • Post it to our community of experts; or
    • Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).

If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click Continue, and follow our onscreen instructions.

Here is where to request a transcript:

IRS return transcript.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies