lekiersten82-gma

Hello. I paid my federal tax and have not received my refund yet. Anyone knows why?

If you had federal taxes owed and you paid those taxes you do not receive a federal tax refund.

Or are you referring to something else?

If you meant that you had a balance due on the original return and you paid it but then the unemployment exclusion was written into law and you are now waiting for the IRS to correct the return and send you a refund.

If that is so then you just need to wait until they finally get to recalculating your return which could take the rest of the summer.  Returns with balance dues on them have once again been put on the back burner since the IRS doesn't have enough staff to do all they are tasked to do so the processing of balance due returns have been delayed.