Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello! I have my 2016 Turbo Tax saved to computer, why is it not saved on Turbo tax? And yes we filed electrically.

We bought Intuit Turbo Tax Home & Business last year I believe from Sam's Club.  I can access my file on my computer but it is not saved to my Intuit account.   

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hello! I have my 2016 Turbo Tax saved to computer, why is it not saved on Turbo tax? And yes we filed electrically.

If you used the TurboTax Home & Business CD/Download software installed on your computer to prepare and file that 2016 return and saved as a PDF or tax data file to your computer, that is the only place it's stored. TurboTax does not save copies online when you used the CD/Download version of the software. Only returns prepared and filed in TurboTax Online are stored in your online account. 

How do I get a copy of a tax return prepared with the TurboTax CD/Download software?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you used the TurboTax Home & Business CD/Download software installed on your computer to prepare and file that 2016 return and saved as a PDF or tax data file to your computer, that is the only place it's stored. TurboTax does not save copies online when you used the CD/Download version of the software. Only returns prepared and filed in TurboTax Online are stored in your online account. 

How do I get a copy of a tax return prepared with the TurboTax CD/Download software?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies