emespey

Hello, I filed my taxes through Turbo Tax. I owed on both federal and state. I made a mistake and had the funds for my automatic payment in the wrong checking account, and my payment bounced. How do I

How do I resubmit payment
KarenJ

Per the IRS : "If a payment is returned by your financial institution (e.g., due to insufficient funds, incorrect account information, closed account, etc.) the IRS will mail a Letter 4870 to the address we have on file for you, explaining why the payment could not be processed, and providing alternate payment options."

You will need to pay your balance due to the IRS with a check or money order or you can pay directly through the IRS Website here: https://www.irs.gov/payments.