Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jamiekaj

Hello. I am trying to track my refund progress on the irs.gov site and app and it says my information is wrong. Last week it was worked now it’s not. please help!

I have received my state taxes. When I check my status I enter my social, filing status, and the federal amount of the return I am supposed to receive. Last week it showed pending, this week it says wrong information. Please help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
yjacocks

Hello. I am trying to track my refund progress on the irs.gov site and app and it says my information is wrong. Last week it was worked now it’s not. please help!

Hi,

I am going through the same thing. I contacted the IRS and was told my refund is processing and that it could be a glitch in the system. Call the IRS and see if you can get an operator and let them know what is going on. I hope this helps.

Do u have to call or will it work again soon?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS states:

WHERE’S MY REFUND STATUS BARS DISAPPEARED

"We have gotten many comments and messages regarding the IRS Where’s My Refund Tool having your orange status bar disappearing. This has to do with the irs.gov where’s my refund site having too much traffic and lagging. This is causing images not to display and information about your federal tax return to not show up. This has happened every year since the tool was first available. This has nothing to do with you being flagged or your return being denied. Status Bars Disappeared for many Americans who filed early.

This also can have to do with your browser settings as well as your cache. Please try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also, clear your cache in your browser settings."

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

You might receive this message because:

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
  • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.

Please click Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hey I have a question to ask what is happening to system to use where is my refund status

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Orlando2020 If your information is being entered correctly on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site, its possible the IRS maybe updating the site. Continue to monitor your refund on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

Be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. If you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees. Also if you filed joint, be sure to enter the filers name that appears first on the return.

You can also check your tax transcripts by going here: Welcome to Get Transcript

If you don't have an account, you will need to set one up.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies