Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JUUSTBE

My CA tax return status states that additional processing time is needed. Is this a generic message or does it mean my filing was incorrect?

My CA tax return says:

We received your 2015 California Income Tax return on: Thursday, January 28, 2016.

Your tax return requires additional processing time. Common reasons why are:

Errors on tax return.
Incomplete or missing information.
Verification of information claimed on the tax return.

Please allow us 8-12 weeks from the date you filed your return to complete processing. If we make adjustments to your return or need further information to complete the processing of your return, we will notify you by mail.

Is this a generic message or does it mean my filing was incorrect ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
sissy677

My CA tax return status states that additional processing time is needed. Is this a generic message or does it mean my filing was incorrect?

Its a generic message in that they found issues on your return. Which means they may fix them and send out your return depending on the issue that needs to be fixed. Or they may send you mail asking the questions for the answers they need to fix it and process it. Generally once accepted unless something major they will fix it and process it. But I would check the mail in case they mail something for you to fill out to get it back to them asap. That's the reason for the time frame because they may need more info from you.

JUUSTBE

Great, thank you!
morebaby3

has your return been processed yet?
ccg1003

Any updates? I'm on the same boat but without the common errors listed.

Did you ever get your return?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies