turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone updated to the Path Act Message yet?

Has anyone updated to the Path Act message from the general ''tax topic 152 we have received your refund'' message?  I can't remember what time the last two years 2018/2019 it changed. I think it was right around February 5th or so. I know it's a little early and only been 3 days but just curious if anyone else that got accepted on the 27th have gotten the path act message. 

Filed 1/24/2020

Efile transmitted to the IRS on 1/27

Accepted 9pm on 1/27

Still on Tax Topic 152-General message.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

31 Replies

@ASangadoo  I was accepted on 1/21 and had one bar on WMR the next morning. By that Saturday (25th), my bar was removed and the Path Act message was/is there. I’m starting to notice that some ppl have the message already and some don’t. 

@Lvlybrneyes37  Looks like you go accepted early this year as processing start date was the 27th, this past Monday.   I think the previous years for me was about 5 to 7 days. Was just curious is all.  

I forgot to file my 1099-sa  ( non taxable normal distribution ) and switches two numbers on my childcare expense making it 400.00 more than it should. My calculations show it does not affect the return amount at all but you never know the IRS. 

Watching out and thinking that might hold up my return... who knows.  Hopefully they will just correct it for me and move on. 

Have you gotten a date yet?

jackracks

I did. I filed 1/16/20 and on Jan 27th, 2020 it was accepted and then I checked my status on it again today Feb 1st, 2020 and it showed the PATH act message with no status bar. I just hope i get it. I saw some people last year didn't even receive their refund whatsoever. Last year I filed my taxes in Feb 2019 and didn't get my refund till August 2019.

The PATH act is for those who claim a child and may have a delayed refund for further 'review'. They will look into those who have the PATH act message on Feb 15th, 2020 that supposedly will show an updated status bar by then. My friend also filed her taxes the same day as me and claimed her 2 children and hers shows a status bar with no PATH act message. We'll see, you never know with the IRS 😕

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

The PATH act is for those who claim a child and may have a delayed refund for further 'review'. They will look into those who have the PATH act message on Feb 15th, 2020 that supposedly will show an updated status bar by then. My friend also filed her taxes the same day as me and claimed her 2 children and hers shows a status bar with no PATH act message.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just a smidge worried. I missed filing a 1099sa and a 1099r. 

The 1099sa was a qualified expense so it wont affect the amount and the 1099r is for  110.00 from an old 401k I forgot I had. I guess they shut it down and distributed the money that I didn't get or I would of waited for it like I did with my current 1099r that I filed. Go figure. Hopefully all goes well and I can amend the return. I want no part of an audit ( very unlikely since its a tiny amount ) or a review. 

Filed on 1/20 accepted 1/27 received path act message 1/29 never had bars

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you claimed "EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit" even though you can submit your tax return now, the IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns in late February.

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

Related Information:

I filed and was accepted on the 30th of January and my PATH message changed this morning. We don’t qualify for EIC but do claim the ACTC. Not sure if filing both credits would effect the time it takes to change to PATH or not 🙂 

BF76

I filed and was accepted on 1/27. This morning my status was that of the PATH act. My status bar has been removed. Stated to check again in mid to late February for specific date.

Filed 1/27 accepted same day 

Had one bar the next day, just updated to the PATH message this morning. Was able to order transcripts this morning as well. 
Based on last years data, it was 11 days from the 15th that I received my refund. 
Let’s hope for an easy year again this year!! 
Good Luck everyone

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the information below for exact dates reported on refunds being sent/ mailed:

https://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/tax-compliance/news/21123770/chart-shows-estimated-irs-income-tax...

Yes accepted 1/30 not sure how long I’ve had that path message. What does PATH usually mean

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The PATH Act means the IRS has extra time to detect fraudulently-filed returns, which helps victims of identity theft get their refunds more quickly. The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February.

Please follow the article below for more information.

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

@Sellington

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies