• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fdlopez18

Got W2c in Nov 2017 for 2014 taxes. Employer failed to include their matching portion of my deferred compensation contribution as compensation on 2014 W2. Amend return?

It has been over 3 years since the 2014 tax return.  My employer only matched $25/paycheck for 2014.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR

Got W2c in Nov 2017 for 2014 taxes. Employer failed to include their matching portion of my deferred compensation contribution as compensation on 2014 W2. Amend return?

No. You do not need to file an amended return for 2014 as the employer's matching deferred compensation contribution would have no effect on your income tax return for that year. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JulieR

No. You do not need to file an amended return for 2014 as the employer's matching deferred compensation contribution would have no effect on your income tax return for that year. 

fdlopez18

Thank you!
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v