turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shoegaze87
Returning Member

Got TurboTax notification that Illinois Tax Forms Are Ready After Filling Tax Returns. What does mean?

Good morning,

I e-filed Federal and Illinois Tax Returns for 2018 last 01/19 and were both accepted. 

However, yesterday I got an email notification from TurboTax stating:

The tax forms we needed to finish up your taxes are ready to go. 'Finish Now' (link to no specific page but my dashboard).

We're ready to walk you through:

• Form IL Sch WIT (1040), IL Income Tax Withheld.
  • Form IL-1040, Individual Tax Return.
  • Form IL Sch IL-EIC, Schedule IL-EIC.

What this notification is supposed to mean? Would I have to amend my IL Tax Return somehow?

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
shoegaze87
Returning Member

Got TurboTax notification that Illinois Tax Forms Are Ready After Filling Tax Returns. What does mean?

I just found this list https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_il_online_individual.html were all 3 forms are listed as available. But still, I don't know if these were available at the time I e-filed or they came available afterward.

I too have already filed, about 2 weeks ago for federal and Illinois state, but received an email from turbotax saying....
The wait is over!

The tax forms we needed to finish up your taxes are ready to go.

We’re ready to walk you through:

Form IL Sch IL-EIC, Schedule IL-EIC
Form IL-1040-ES, Estimated Income Tax Payment, Voucher 2
Form IL-1040, Individual Income Tax Return
Form IL-1040-ES, Estimated Income Tax Payment, Voucher 4
Form IL-1040-ES, Estimated Income Tax Payment, Voucher 3
Schedule CR, Credit for Tax Paid to Other States
Form IL-1040-ES, Estimated Income Tax Payment, Voucher 1
Schedule CR, Credit for Tax Paid to Other States

If we have already filed, do we have to file an amendment then?
shoegaze87
Returning Member

@Jvadams420 I posted the same question in Turbotax Community and got an answer in case it helps you or someone else.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4554009-got-turbotax-notification-that-illinois-tax-forms-are-read...

RichK

It is march 21st and you still cannot print Illinois income tax returns.  Only 3 weks left and something is not right when this can get resolved.

HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

@shoegaze87 Once your return has been accepted, there is nothing further that you need to do. Unfortunately, the timing on those marketing emails can cause confusion when you've received it after filing.

@RichK All forms for Illinois are available for efile and print. Please see: https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_il_online_individual.html Also, please make sure your software is up to date, by following the instructions here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies