Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Got may federal tax refund cash check from TPG, I verified by mistake so I am not able to encash it. What should I do?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Got may federal tax refund cash check from TPG, I verified by mistake so I am not able to encash it. What should I do?

What do you mean by "verified by mistake?"   Why can you not cash or deposit your income tax refund check into your own bank account?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It should be verified by cashier or banks, but then It was my first time so I overlooked the warning. I verified it at home before going to cashier. Now I can’t encash it. 

And....what do you mean by "verified?"  Do you mean you signed it on the back?    What cashier?  Do you have a bank account?   Why can you not just deposit it at your bank?   Or did you try to cash the check at some random place?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I gave turbotax a bank account they said it was returned back so they sent a cashier’s check, I can encash it in any bank or store cashier, I went to walmart, there’s woodforest nat’l bank in there. They can’t verify my check because I verified it myself.

I can only assume you mean you signed the back of the check since you will not answer that question.   And,  even if you signed it, did you have identification to show them when you tried to cash the check?  Was that the issue?    How about going to an actual brick and mortar bank and opening a bank account by depositing that check?  There are lots of banks that offer free checking.   Going forward, you would have a place to do your banking and deal with humans face to face when you have an issue.   

Verified it online on www.sbtpg.com…

image.jpg

Try calling SBTPG to see how to resolve this confusion.   

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies