turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does M0-A have to be filed with MO-1040?

Doing my sons MO 1040 state 2018 taxes by hand.  I used Turbo Tax for Federal and IL.  Do I need to attach MO-A.  There are no Additions, Subtractions, etc.  The fields on MO-1040 for  Additions, Subtractions, etc. are blank/zero.  May not be a wise question but thought I would ask. I think it is unnecessary.  Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

From what you state, it appears to be unnecessary.  If there are no additions or subtractions on Form MO-A that apply to your son, there's no need to submit it with Form MO-1040.

In "Information to Complete Form MO-A, Part 1" in the Instructions for Form MO-1040, the taxpayer is advised that if "If after reviewing the instructions for Part 1, you have no modifications, enter on Form MO-1040, Lines 3 and 5, the same amount(s) entered on Form MO-1040, Line 1."

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

From what you state, it appears to be unnecessary.  If there are no additions or subtractions on Form MO-A that apply to your son, there's no need to submit it with Form MO-1040.

In "Information to Complete Form MO-A, Part 1" in the Instructions for Form MO-1040, the taxpayer is advised that if "If after reviewing the instructions for Part 1, you have no modifications, enter on Form MO-1040, Lines 3 and 5, the same amount(s) entered on Form MO-1040, Line 1."

I followed those instructions for no modifications.  Ok will not send the MO-A form.  Did not seem necessary but did not want it to be a problem if it was not sent.  Only thing on it would have been personal info. such as name, address and s.s. no.  Thank you for your help.
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

You bet.  Have a great night!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies