turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Recived a letter from the IRS. I have to fax in my 1095a and a 8962 form. How long did it delay getting your refund? IRS said 6-8weeks. Anyone get them sooner by chance?

2017 Tax Returns Did you get your refund sooner than the 6-8weeks after faxing in the needed forms? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Recived a letter from the IRS. I have to fax in my 1095a and a 8962 form. How long did it delay getting your refund? IRS said 6-8weeks. Anyone get them sooner by chance?

Most taxpayers are reporting 8 weeks. If the delay is causing you a hardship then contact the Taxpayer Advocate Services for more help.  http://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/contact-us

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tianah07

From what I have read I have seen some people get their return in 2-3 weeks from the time they faxed in their forms. I had to do the same thing this year and Im currwnrly playing the waiting game too
tianah07

From what I have read I have seen some people get their return in 2-3 weeks from the time they faxed in their forms. I had to do the same thing this year and Im currwnrly playing the waiting game too

I'm waiting too. Been 3 or 4 days so far but I hope I am not waiting for 8 weeks. Will post when I get more info.
ariele32

I faxed my forms on February 15th received ddd on WMR today March 3rd. DDD is for March 7th. It does not take 6-8 weeks like the letter say.
tianah07

Filed 1/29/2018
Accepted 1/30/2018
Bars disappeared 2/16/2018
Got 12c letter 2/20/2018
Faxed Docs 2/20/2018
IRS confirmed receipt of doc 3/2/2018
Tax topic 152 appeared 3/7/2018
Ordered transcript 3/8/2018
DDD of 3/13 on 3/9/2018

filed 1/30
accepted 1/30
bars disappeared 2/17
got letter 2/22
faxed 3/3
irs confirmed they got fax 3/7
2 bars appeared back 3/9

I filed early Jan 30
Accepted the next day
Received a letter 2/14
Faxed 2/16
No one will confirm anything with me at irs it’s been a month 3/16
Just need someone to update me with something

Faxed on 3/19 refund date 4/6

I faxed on 3/19 and I got told 6 to 8 weeks my bars are still gone

Anyone still have the fax number? The fax number they gave me is wrong so I can’t fax mine in.
ivoryleegirl
Returning Member

I was told I would have 6-8 week return after I faxed the forms

I got my letter and faxed my documents on 2/22 how long will I be waiting for a response
ivoryleegirl
Returning Member

I was told 6-8 weeks and I have been calling them every morning to verify. I have heard of people getting them sooner, but the way its going they told me April 22 for mine, and if I have not got it by then to start calling.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies