Found another W-2 Form

Found another W-2 Form

I found another W-2 after I finished and submitted my tax form.  I have only worked for the one company, but they had an ownership change in 2018 and I am assuming that is why there is two different forms this year.  I am just wondering what I should do.  How can I edit my form after submission?

Found another W-2 Form

Once you have filed you have to amend your return to add the other W-2, but only after your original return has been processed and your refund sent or tax has been paid.  An amended return has to be mailed and takes many months to process. 

Found another W-2 Form

While I recommend filing an amended return, if you don't, then the IRS will recalculate your tax return based upon the information on the additional W-2 and either issue you a refund, or bill you for additional tax due (plus penalty and interest).   This could happen right way, or it could take them a while to get around to it.  

To amend your Online return, click on:  How do I amend my 2019 TurboTAx Online Return