turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For the stimulus checks we are receiving, I got fees taken out by you guys before it is direct deposited into my account. Am I still getting it direct deposited to my bank account or because fees were

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

For the stimulus checks we are receiving, I got fees taken out by you guys before it is direct deposited into my account. Am I still getting it direct deposited to my bank account or because fees were

The stimulus checks haven't gone out yet.  They will be issued in approximately three weeks.  Please follow this link for updates:  IRS Update on Corona virus.

Did you just file your 2019 tax return?  By filing your return, it allows the IRS to know where to deposit your stimulus check.  The only thing that will be taken out of your stimulus check is back child support.

You can check the fees charged by TurboTax:

• While in your Tax Home,
  • Scroll down to Tax Tools,
  • Select Tools,
  • Select My Fees.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No I think maybe I can clarify this persons question. When we use turbo tax you have the option to deducted their service fees from your refund. If you do this then the refund is processed by SBTG bank and they are in between your refund and the govt. So the question is if you’ve had those fees deducted from your refund in the past, will the govt have our direct deposit info on file? Thanks 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

We are still waiting for direct guidance from the IRS regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these types of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

mariahfe

I have used TurboTax for several years and hope I can continue to use your service. When will we have an update for those of us who paid the fees and the routing/account information is for TurboTax how and when we will get our stimulus checks? I would hope that TurboTax is working with the IRS to get this corrected. 

if you used the fee-from-refund service, you know your money went to that intermediate bank,

Unless IRS makes a special Do-not-Use marking on that bank's routing number, it will probably go there again.

Then you have to hope they will relay it to you promptly.

your only hope is that IRS is smart enough not to route your stimulus check there.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If your tax return has your personal bank information that was used to either receive a direct deposit of your refund or was used to pay your tax due then the IRS has your bank information to use for your direct deposit of your stimulus check.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies