turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, there is a delay on my taxes under a 1541 reference, what does that mean? IS there any idea when I will actually recieve my refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

42 Replies
Gayle

Hello, there is a delay on my taxes under a 1541 reference, what does that mean? IS there any idea when I will actually recieve my refund?

1541 is an  internal code that the IRS uses to identify returns that have been "Delayed". The doesn't mean there is something wrong with your return, it could simply be that the IRS has an overflow of returns at this time and is behind schedule. You can contact the IRS directly and mention the reference the code 1541 to them.

donnas

I got the same code 1541. I don't understand.  People have filed after me with EIC and got deposit dates on their returns from IRS.GOV.  I have use Turbotax for 8 years.

Same here people filled after I did and already had dates from my understanding code 1541 means under review for income  verification  I've seen alot of people post that on here
reecee97

I checked my status and it says "Take Action" There is a delay processing your return. Reference number 1541. What does this mean?

That's been the biggest issue on taxes this year since Donald Trump's changed alot of things this year from my understanding it's a delay and some type of verification of income but I was also told code 1541 can mean many different things we just have to call the irs and get the exact reason why on the number they provided with the error message

I cannot get through to the IRS to ask them about the 1541 code. I keep getting booted out of the system. Has anyone else had this problem? I have been trying for 2 hrs now.

I tried calling this morning and they said the call volume was to high and i couldn't wait. So I'll have to call back as soon as i can.
CS28

I called at 7 am and had a hold time of 15 to 30 minutes but my freaking phone lose signal

Im still being kicked out of the automated system. For almost 3 hours now. Im not given the option to hold.

I talked to them this morning they’re saying it’s under review n not to expect anything till 45 days from ur acceptance date which will be March 4th for me still can’t answer me as to why it’s happening.  I had to go through a whole long verification process of my last year return and everything and they want to know if I have a new dependent which I don’t same child 5 years now....

Finally got through. They told me some people have been randomly selected for review. Not an audit, but review. It is an additional 45 day wait after your initial 21 days
donnas

I was able to get an Agent on the phone and I was told that something on your return triggers the system to randomly select your return for a review.  It could also be them verifying your wage, withholding, etc.  The conversation sounded scripted to me.  Going forward I will not receive my income tax until after 45 days from the initial 21 day of acceptance. Was told I have to wait for a letter from the IRS requesting additional information so on and so forth.  Total BS.  My estimated date will be the middle of April. Any suggestions Turbo Tax?

My agent was nice, but not very helpful. He said it was random and no need for alarm. That it could take up to 45 days but maybe not that long. He didn't say anything about any triggers. He said it was random people with deeper reviews. He also saidd it didn't mean anything was wrong. He said if you dont receive a letter it is just a waiting game!! I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN BEFORE

Does that 45 day wait include the weekend as well are only working days Monday threw Friday
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies