turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filed taxes end of January and just checked on my refund and now it says Im getting 0 refund amount instead of $2000.00 code 9021. How can that be I have two small kids

I

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Filed taxes end of January and just checked on my refund and now it says Im getting 0 refund amount instead of $2000.00 code 9021. How can that be I have two small kids

The IRS should be issuing a letter if there were any issues with your return.  Please see below for additional information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288510

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Whatever happened with your refund? I got a code when emiling saying one of my Kids name or social security was wrong.  Everything was right so I paper filled.  Just saw a code 9021 with $2000 less of a return.  Seems my daughter was not accepted for some reason though code 9021 seems to be a math issue.  No matter how many times or websites i run my numbers on i come up with the same, so not sure of the issue.  Has anyone ever appealed?

E-filing*
Wimom

Hello do you mind sharing how this turned out for you. I am dealing with the same issue and losing my mind.  My $5000 refund was reducing to $400!!! Reference code 9021 is on my wmr tool.

Any update??? My wmr says I'm getting$0 back now with the code 9021 ugh

@shood212 

9021– Reference Code for all math error conditions.

Note that a "math error" can occur if you make a data entry mistake, or forget to claim some income; and thus the refund amount is incorrectly calculated..  The IRS will be sending you a letter. They do not notify TT. 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@xmasbaby0  so that will show my refund as $0 until I get the letter and respond?

@shood212 Since we do not know why they reduced your refund wait for the letter to see what happened and if there is a reason to respond.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I claimed a health tax credit I didn't qualify for so I sent a fax asking them to remove it but evidently they didn't

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies