Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Filed over 2 months ago and still no refund?

I don’t even know if they received I’m worry about the deadline on the 18th.

@Jorkash1406

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here?  

https://www.irs.gov/refunds         

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note:  If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are worried they received it, you can contact the IRS directly by following the instructions here, and they can check if it is received. @Jorkash1406

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can’t do neither because you can never get in contact with anyone I’ve been calling two months now an nothing.

Yes, I tried that too. I don’t know if I should mail it again before April 18th. Maybe they never received it. What do you think?

Thank you. Yes I sent it by mail . I get an error 

when I check on where is my refund.

I entered the right information. Maybe got lost. Should I mail it again before April 18th?

I’ve filled Feb 7 claimed 2 dependents first time I claimed my daughter I had in 2021 & was also going on to a different card I need help trying to figure out where my refund is I need that money & I e-filled through TurboTax 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to locate your direct deposit information on your return. 

Please let us know if we can assist you further. @Coquesha99

The same thing is literally happening to me now it would be reassuring to know if you actually got your money and how long after

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I understand your concern, but Turbo Tax does not have any control oxer your tax return once it is accepted by the IRS.

No, the delay in processing does not necessarily mean you are being audited; however, something has required some additional review.  You can see some possible reasons below.

The IRS has stated that the typical time to process a tax return is 21 days, but there may be delays for many reasons.

TurboTax can only project the time to get your refund.  The IRS has the real control.

You can check the status of your tax return.  You will need:

• Social Security Number.
  • Tax return year.
  • Hilling Status.
  • Exact refund amount

Please click here to enter your information         Check Your Refund .

If you wish to contact the IRS, you can call toll-free at 1-800-829-1040 or contact a Taxpayer Assistance Center Local IRS Office.

Be sure that your return status is Accepted

• It should not show Pending, or Rejected
  • The return will also have to be processed.
  • Therefore there may be a time delay between Accepted and issuing the refund.

Other reasons your refund can be delayed

• If you mailed your return and expect a refund, it could take four weeks or more to process your return.
  • In addition some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:
    • Contains errors or is incomplete
    • Needs further review in general
    • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
    • Was referred to the IRS by the bank due to suspicious activity
    • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
    • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which could take up to 14 weeks to process
    • And I'm sure a host of other issues

@Chrissycarter1991 @Coquesha99

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies