Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filled an injured spouse claim weeks ago. is there anyway to find the status on my own without calling irs and being on hold forever lol

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I filled an injured spouse claim weeks ago. is there anyway to find the status on my own without calling irs and being on hold forever lol

It takes at least 14 weeks for an injured spouse claim to be processed.  
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I filled injured spouse claim after the return. It said if you file after it's faster and only about 8 weeks. I hate calling in bc of the long hold time. So I was wondering if I could check it on turbo tax or irs website. I've looked on both but can't find a "status" for injured spouse claim info. Am I missing it? Or do I just call again next week???

Filed...not filled...my phone autocorrected

TurboTax never gets updates or feedback on your return after you file it, so you will not get any information from TT.  If you want to endure the hold times, then call the IRS.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Another user just posted that she has been waiting 3 months, and the IRS told her to wait another 30 days due to the backlog.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies