bev617

Filed my taxes February 12 still not received my refund why?

The IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the new tax laws and extra stimulus filings, as well as unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown.  Lots of other folks are still waiting, so please continue to be patient.  Also see:

Tax refund delay: As tax season heads into the home stretch, some taxpayers are still waiting on the...

The IRS is under serious stress — what does that mean for your refund? (msn.com)

What led to IRS backlog: ‘Thin workforce,’ new pandemic relief programs | Federal News Network

ColeenD3

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:

• Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
  • Identity fraud
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

Related Information:

bev617

Happy to say that I just checked the progress of my taxes that I filed on 2/12/2021 and the status changed from Still being processed to Refund Approved and is scheduled to be sent to my bank by 4/7/2021... so anyone in the same situation that I was please be patient.... 

Thank you all who answered my original post..