Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filed 2020 return and see some state tax forms state "Form Not Final - Do Not File".

I was able to electronically file my 2020 federal and state tax returns on Jan 28, 2021. Looking at the pdfs, some of the Wisconsin forms state "Form Not Final - Do Not File". Why did TurboTax allow me to file if the forms were not finalized? What do I need to do now?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Filed 2020 return and see some state tax forms state "Form Not Final - Do Not File".

Your return was not actually filed, it was sent to a queue for holding. The PDFs and the message are just to let you know that you should not mail those in. Many folks in past have done this, therefore years ago they began having that message pre-printed on such forms. The IRS is beginning to accept and process returns on February 12th and most States are following suit with this date. Here is a link with more information, by State:

State Tax Forms Availability Table for TurboTax

romeb251
Returning Member

So went the file be submitted you can you get it and make a fix it

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@romeb251

Can you clarify the issue/question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies