Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filed 1/23 and I still don’t have a deposit date

I filed my taxes on 23 January. I received my state but when I go to track my federal tax return I still do not have a deposit date. It finally says they have been received and they are being processed. My best friend filed her taxes a week before and she received them on 26 February. 
My other friend filed hers on 2 February ofmy other friend filed hers on 2 February and received hers on 26 February. Both of them used their own bank account and I used a TurboTax card could that be why I am still waiting?

how long is it going to take and why do I still not have a date? Or an approval? 

I have the child credit- i know that puts a hold but both my friends did as well. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

The IRS does not process returns in first in first out batches. They are processed individually and at different times. There's no way of knowing exactly when the IRS will update. Some returns may take more time for the IRS to review. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have been using that tool. And I have used it every year for years. It hasn’t change from “received and processing”

im starting to get concerned. Everyone around me has gotten their refunds... except me.

state came in normally.... federal is being weird

how do I find out if something is wrong? 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Some returns take longer than others. It's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

Per the IRS Refund Timing page, the IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Where’s My Refund? will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. You tax return may not have fallen into the early filer category. Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for more information on the Path Act:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/some-federal-refunds-will-be-delayed-due-to-the...

If after 21 days you still do not have your refund, the IRS asks that you contact them. Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies