Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Federal Tax return electronic filing rejected - now what?

Follow the prompts to correct the error as instructed.  Here is a Turbo Tax FAQ to further assist with the e-file rejection code FW2G-502.

@pcureton 

I am trying to find out if the IRS will take my payment out of my account when I file a returned that was rejected. after I mail the original form, should I send the payment?

No.  If your efile was rejected nothing got sent to the IRS.  You still need to pay.  Either with a check or directly only.  You can pay the IRS directly at

https://www.irs.gov/payments

But before you mail your return, why did it reject?  Maybe we can help you fix it.  If it was for the AGI then try entering 0 for the AGI and efile again.

tja123tax
Returning Member

both Federal and State e-files were rejected due AGI not accepted, so I now need to submit a paper returen.  Does the $25 I paid for e-file get refunded?

@tja123tax wrote:

both Federal and State e-files were rejected due AGI not accepted, so I now need to submit a paper returen.  Does the $25 I paid for e-file get refunded?

Have you tried entering a 0 (zero) for the 2020 AGI and e-filing the 2021 tax return again?

halreads
Returning Member

My return, and a separate on for my son -- both rejected for e-filing, Federal and State.  My friend called tonight, same thing. It must be very common.  I was supposed to get a $10 credit on efiling my state return but could not claim it. My son paid the $25.00 for the state return, then it was rejected, he has to check to see if they kept the money.

I downloaded a copy of my Federal Tax return from the IRS and used their AGI numbers but TT rejected my AGI ! as not correct!   (I couldn't get my 2021 return downloaded from TT to get the AGI there-- a Byzantine process they claim is simple -- people change phone numbers and email accounts but TT doesn't acknowledge that.  In summary, TT does not give answers as to why the returns are rejected from e-filing. They do not have good answers on the Internet, I have read a lot.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies