turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal return rejected: Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction on Schedule 1: Additional Income and Adjustments to Income

Can you clarify what specific areas popped up that were incorrectly populated by Turbotax?   I can't seem to find anything unusual.

Thanks.

Slew
Level 2

Federal return rejected: Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction on Schedule 1: Additional Income and Adjustments to Income

I read advice in this thread about filing again. But TurboTax advised me not to. It said my issue involved Advanced Premium Tax Credit and it may be in my best interests to wait until the new update is available at the end of April. I could have filed again but TurboTax placed the default button on the "Wait Until Later" box. I got the hint.

Along the way I read the fine print and it was encouraging. We may not lose ground after all upon the new update. I didn't realize that the March 11 stimulus package also included a provision that 2020 health care adjustments did not have to be repaid. My income jumped from my estimate. That's why I thought my taxes would be impacted. I ended up taking more than $900 extra in Advanced Premium Tax Credit than my income should have allowed. I was fully prepared to make it up. Now that may not be necessary.

Others should take note, including the guy who said he did a preliminary TurboTax run in early March and his taxes were much worse than when he filed the return in April. But if he had a similar situation to myself the March 11 bill changed the bottom line. 

Which form and fields are you referring to Tracy?

Thanks

I'm also waiting to refile due to a Federal/State rejection of my taxes based on this problem Where do I go to sign up to receive an email from TT when this software issue is resolved?  I'd prefer to know directly from TT rather then waiting for April 30th  to file that it is okay to go ahead.

Sure wish someone from Turbo Tax would give specific advise and direction since this is definitely a system issue that none of us knew about.

There was a TurboTax update today. Does anyone know if it fixed this issue?

Just logged in now and I'm still getting the same message to check back on the 30th.

I see this is marked as "Resolved".  Do we know if it has been? I do see there have been a few TT updates; and with one I tried to resubmit and was rejected again.  I don't want to keep trying if it'll continue to be rejected. For me, the State deadline to file has already passed...

When you mark an answer as the best answer, the system automatically says the issue is revolved. I guess my question was answered, but the fix is still pending. Nothing to do but wait.

kck1
Level 2

Could you elaborate?  What entries in what form?

In the same boat on this end. Just tried again: 4/23/21 @4:45PM (PDT) Completely unacceptable that we all have to wait. I called customer support seeking a workaround, and none were available. I was tempted to calculate the entry manually and perform an override directly on Schedule 1, but with the deadline fast approaching, I didn't want to create another potential issue - this year's software leaves much to be desired, despite the many shifts in tax policy changes.

It's also unclear if the update that is to resolve this issue will auto-calculate as required, post install and upon launch of the software, or if directions will pop up guiding us through the correct steps to remedy the situation. The current message stating the following is not informative enough: .....Please review your answers under the topic of the Affordable Care Act under Medical in Deduction and Credits. Make any corrections if prompted.....

Ideally, this should be wrapped up sooner than later; not the 30th. I filed early to avoid issues, not to deal with them so close to the deadline.

Completely agree with you.  It is unacceptable that TT is not giving better direction or even responding to this post.  I also left feedback directly at the site on the TT program, with no response.

TracyYang

I had sales tax and business expense on my form and I did not know where it was coming from. I did end up with paying like 300 bucks more, but at this point, I really just want to get it done. 

There was a new TurboTax update a few hours ago, and my return was accepted. Numbers didn't change at all.

BizFiler
Returning Member

I see an update was applied this morning when I checked, but TT is still giving me the "wait to file" button as the default, and saying that an update is still coming.

This is ridiculous. I've been using TT for my biz taxes for 10+ years, and never had this kind of problem, with virtually zero communication about it.

How about letting us know WTF is going on.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies