Febuary 2nd I filled my return and it was accepted it's now march 19th so we're my refund . what's the problem why is it taking so long?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Unfortunately, once your federal and state return have been accepted, TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS or State.

Keep an eye on Where’s My Refund? site, for the most up to date information. The website updates every 24 hours. Once available, it will give you a personalized date once they approve your refund.  To check the status of your state refund, please click this link How do I track my state refund?

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process. For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include but are not limited to:

·         Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets;

·         Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information;

·         Identity fraud;

·         Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process.

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

Here is the general timeline of e-filed returns:

Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.