Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Error in converting your forms to PDF format

I too am having this issue. I have saved my return as a pdf without a problem. However, when I try to print whatever I am supposed to be sending to the government, it will not let me print it. Any solution will be most appreciated.

don’t print it from turbo tax. Save it as a PDF then, Print it from adobe acrobat, open the PDF that you saved and print it that way…. if that makes sense… that is how i had to print my taxes.

This worked for me.

This answer is not very helpful.   I also called the help desk and got NO help.  

The only way I could print was to save the PDF file and then print from Adobe Acrobat.

Turbo tax needs to fix this problem.

I had to figure this problem out for myself!

Ok, I can save my whole return, but how do I know what I need to mail?  There's no form 8453 in the files with anything checked (although I do have a form 8949).  Everywhere I have a "need to mail" checkbox it is set to no.  Maybe I have to mail the 8949, but how would I know that?  I have RSUs so the cost basis wasn't reported to the IRS.  I guess just being able to view it is unhelpful without any direction on what needs to be mailed.

I am having this issue with my 2022 Home & Business return (I did not have the issue with my 2021 Home & Business return). I am using a Desktop version of TurboTax on a Windows 10 machine and I have updated to the latest version of TurboTax. I have also disabled the Controlled Folder Access, but it is not working. Any suggestions?

Hi.

I had a similar problem last year, but it was a problem with printing.

What i had to do last year was save my files as a PDF file and then print from the PDF file.

If I remember correctly, i did not have a problem converting to a PDF file, but I did have a problem trying to print.   

So I am sorry but I guess I don't have any suggestions for you.

Mary

Thanks, but that does not work for me either. My best guess is that there is no form that I need to print and TurboTax is mistaken (the form I needed to print last year was a change of address, and there have been no significant changes to my business/return since then). I am speaking with a customer service representative, but they have not yet been able to find the issue.

The customer service representative that I spoke with escalated the issue to a tier 2 representative, but they were also not able to correct the issue and suggested that I speak with a tax accountant to determine which form TurboTax is telling me to print. I was then told that I could receive a refund on my TurboTax purchase by filling out this form:

https://accounts.intuit.com/app/oirr

Far from ideal, so if anyone is able to confirm a solution to this issue, please let me know.

Thanks for the update.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies