cbgiguere

Entered wrong account number for direct deposit

The wrong account number was entered for direct deposit. The account number doesn't belong to me or any accounts that are mine. It also shows the refund has been deposited but my bank wasn't able to see a refund. How do I know I will receive my refund?
MeganS

This means that a paper check has been sent. Should the tax return be accepted and the IRS (and State, if any) cannot deposit your refund to your account, then a paper check will be mailed to you.

cbgiguere:
Did you have any TurboTax Fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund?   If so, your funds go first from the IRS to an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.  If you used that service, we can give you more details, and how to log into the intermediary company to check on the funds.
greeneyedgirl86

If my taxes get excepted where will it go? 

Where will what go?  Your Refund?  Did you enter a bank account to get it deposited?  If you didn't enter a bank account or the bank rejects the deposit the IRS will mail a check to the address on your return.  

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing