Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Employee Home Office worksheet in TurboTax 2020 (online) - where is it?

Good afternoon,

I sent this question to [email address removed] but haven't got a response yet, so I'm posting it here.

I'm looking for the calculation of home office expenses in my tax return 2020 and related information. I checked my tax return 2021 (using TurboTax Desktop) and could see how it was calculated based on the area vs the area of the whole home, etc. (Employee Home Office worksheet) but don't find the same worksheet in my tax return 2020 (TurboTax Online). Would you please suggest?

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I'm adding more information after spending some time: In tax return 2021, simplified method election for Home Office expenses wasn't used, perhaps that is the reason that Employee Home Office Worksheet and Form 2106 Adjustments Worksheet are available in the tax return. In tax return 2020, Form 4562 is available instead. Maybe someone can help confirm?

Another question: In tax return 2021, from the worksheet I can see clearly how the home office expense is calculated, but don't see how it was calculated in tax return 2020 (the number in Line 4 form 2106 of tax return 2020 - where is it from?)

Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies