jspgolf

Email - Balance Due for Turbotax Services

Hello Team,

I received the email that I had to pay the processing fee because I used the refund processing service for my refund and it appears that the IRS is backlogged.  The fee could not be deducted from my federal return.  I paid the fee and I still have not received my state return.  I checked my state's refund status site and it was released back in the beginning of April.  Does this mean that the Refund Processing Service's Banking Partner is holding my state tax return until the fee is paid?  I just paid the fee and I'm also wondering how long it would take for the refund to be released to me?  

Thanks for your time....---Jeff---

If the bank account information is correct you could check with your bank to see if they return the deposit by any chance and if not then you are correct you'll have to contact your state to see what's happening. They might need to put a trace on the deposit.

State refunds are not held anywhere ... the refund processing system never gets them.   Check your filing instruction page to see the method you choose to receive your refund so you know where to start looking to trace the payment.  

jspgolf

hmmmm....thanks so much for the info.  I did check filing instructions.  My personal bank and routing number were listed.  I checked bank statements for April and May.  No deposit, even thought the state's website says it was approved and released.  Am I correct in assuming that I need to call my state division of taxation?  New Jersey is the state.