turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jshudak

efile rejected

my return was not accepted this year because they say my wife's  info is wrong. I've used Turbo Tax the last several years and I checked back .....all the info I listed this year is the same as all the info listed last year ! What changed ??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

efile rejected

So was her info correct, or not?  This is just a guess, but the IRS may have implemented more stringent rules to fight identity theft.  For example (my example, not the IRS's), maybe only the first 4 letters of her name had to agree with her SSN before, but now the first 6 do.  (For security reasons, the IRS does not disclose all the checks that they make.) What exactly did the rejection message/code say?

efile rejected

I've got exactly the same problem.  This is the first time filing electronically, thus far I've entered the correct information 3 times, filed and each time it is rejected.  I'd sure like to take about 5 minutes of phone or chat time with a TurboTax "expert" to advise me on how to correct.  I have been using Turbo Tax since the late 1990's and this is the most unpleasant and complicated experience I have had.  HELP !!!

CK940
Returning Member

efile rejected

Yes,  You're not alone.  I received the same thing and TTX was not able to solve their prob.

jshudak

efile rejected

The third time I tried it, I backspaced all the info out and re-entered everything ( even though it was all the same), and it worked perfectly. Like you, I’ve been using Turbo Tax forever and never had the problem. Have no idea why it worked, but it did !

efile rejected

It says either AGI entered by primary taxpayer for last year is incorrect or selected pin doesn't agree with 2019.

We used TurboTax for 2019  and it entered the adjusted gross for primary taxpaper.  It entered the same amount for joint taxpayer.  As to pin disagreeing, we did not efile our 2019 return.

efile rejected

@petmisty15 wrote:

It says either AGI entered by primary taxpayer for last year is incorrect or selected pin doesn't agree with 2019.

We used TurboTax for 2019  and it entered the adjusted gross for primary taxpaper.  It entered the same amount for joint taxpayer.  As to pin disagreeing, we did not efile our 2019 return.

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI and e-file the tax return again since the IRS rejected the original 2019 AGI.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies