efile rejected

jshudak

efile rejected

my return was not accepted this year because they say my wife's  info is wrong. I've used Turbo Tax the last several years and I checked back .....all the info I listed this year is the same as all the info listed last year ! What changed ??

efile rejected

So was her info correct, or not?  This is just a guess, but the IRS may have implemented more stringent rules to fight identity theft.  For example (my example, not the IRS's), maybe only the first 4 letters of her name had to agree with her SSN before, but now the first 6 do.  (For security reasons, the IRS does not disclose all the checks that they make.) What exactly did the rejection message/code say?

jbiechman

efile rejected

I've got exactly the same problem.  This is the first time filing electronically, thus far I've entered the correct information 3 times, filed and each time it is rejected.  I'd sure like to take about 5 minutes of phone or chat time with a TurboTax "expert" to advise me on how to correct.  I have been using Turbo Tax since the late 1990's and this is the most unpleasant and complicated experience I have had.  HELP !!!

CK940

efile rejected

Yes,  You're not alone.  I received the same thing and TTX was not able to solve their prob.

jshudak

efile rejected

The third time I tried it, I backspaced all the info out and re-entered everything ( even though it was all the same), and it worked perfectly. Like you, I’ve been using Turbo Tax forever and never had the problem. Have no idea why it worked, but it did !

petmisty15

efile rejected

It says either AGI entered by primary taxpayer for last year is incorrect or selected pin doesn't agree with 2019.

We used TurboTax for 2019  and it entered the adjusted gross for primary taxpaper.  It entered the same amount for joint taxpayer.  As to pin disagreeing, we did not efile our 2019 return.

efile rejected

@petmisty15 wrote:

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI and e-file the tax return again since the IRS rejected the original 2019 AGI.