Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"Edit" or "Delete" W-2 in TurboTax amendment to submit W-2c corrections after filing? And do I also enter the original W2 figures that are blank on the W-2c?

My employer left off some of my income and sent me a W2C after I filed. It looks like my only options for amending is to add a W2, delete a W2 or edit a W2. There is no option for adding a W-2c. If I try to delete or edit, it pulls in my corrected info by looking up the EIN. Since my income changed but my tax withheld did not, the system is pulling in zero for tax withheld and it now looks like I owe a huge amount even though my original W2 showed a withholdings. Any experience filing a W2C properly in turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

"Edit" or "Delete" W-2 in TurboTax amendment to submit W-2c corrections after filing? And do I also enter the original W2 figures that are blank on the W-2c?

W-2C forms usually only show the boxes that changed.

So you leave in the original form...and just EDIT the original..and add-in, or change the new information and leave the other boxes alone.

If you've already deleted the original W-2, just re-enter it....changing or adding just the new numbers after that, 

................and on the page following the W-2 in the software interview.....there is a selection for  "Corrected W-2" about 4/5ths of the way down all the check boxes.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you for your help. I used your process and it worked.
anaskhan

I followed this method but now it is showing $0 for the "original" section in 1040x.

Screenshot_[phone number removed]46_ADPMobile.jpg

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

We'd love to help you complete your tax return but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

You've posted a W-2 from 2021.  What do you want to do?  @CharlotteYoung

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

changing your original return before you click AMEND causes problems.

TurbOTax has not even opened 1040-X for use yet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies