Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KWT2

Downloads for previous years TurboTax Premier

My hard drive crashed and a new hard drive was installed on my computer.  The data was backed up, but I need to reinstall TurboTax Premier for the 2019-2021 tax years for the US.  It would not let me do so from my Intuit account page.  Where can I find the downloads I need?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Did you log in at the site below?

https://accounts-tax.intuit.com/app/turbotaxdesktop

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You will not be able to reinstall TurboTax for 2019. It is no longer supported and the license code will not be accepted.

If you purchased downloads for 2020 and 2021 from TurboTax.com you should be able to download them again by logging in at the link that tagteam gave you above. You must log in with the same user ID that you used when you originally purchased the downloads.

....and...2019 can't be reinstalled  ....

(though some few folks ((different thread)) have found a way to hack it in, you can't get the proper updates nor any states to reload.)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@KWT2   Why do you need to install the older  years?  Did you not save the pdf files each year?  Or need to amend them?   You only need the tax return data file ending in .tax2022 to transfer into 2023 or .tax2023 to transfer into next year. You don't need to install older programs unless you need to amend or you didn't save the pdf file. And they only support the last 3 years. If you install an older year you won't be able to update it or download any state programs, so you won't be able to open your return.

You can't install or reinstall or update 2019 anymore. They only support the last 3 years and took off 2019 when they moved 2022 to the past year section. And 2019 was the first year they started using the License Code to activate the program so it has to log into Turbo Tax. You can't activate it now. It will fail.

KWT2

I did log in at the site below, but the links are not working.  They are grayed out.

KWT2

I did not save the PDF files.

If you have the .tax files  you could try the TaxPrinter service to convert a .tax file to pdf at
https://www.taxprinter.com

They might be expensive and it is probably not safe to email tax returns back and forth. They are not related to Turbo Tax. I see it says federal is $44.99 and Federal + state is $79.99.

Or get copies from the IRS.

@KWT2 wrote:

I did log in at the site below, but the links are not working.  They are grayed out.

You will have to sign onto your TurboTax account - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads?route=myaccounts&cgcview=downloads

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies