Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Provo

Download Mac and Windows (CD no longer available)

I have to say I am very frustrated.  I have always gotten the TurboTax CD for the last 10 years.  This year, all you get with the box but it is a download.  My partner and I work on 2 different systems I work on Windows and he works on Mac.  On the box it states Windows and Mac.  WHICH is a Lie!   When I called to get the download for my PC.  I was informed it is Windows OR Mac.  Since he downloaded first for his Mac, I can not get a download for my Windows.  TurboTax is falsely advertising Windows and Mac download when in reality it is either one OR the other.   The packaging still states that you can do 5 federal e-files.  But I guess you have to do them all on one system.   Really feeling like this is false advertising.   Windows and Mac is a lie. False advertisement.Windows and Mac is a lie. False advertisement.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Download Mac and Windows (CD no longer available)

The purchase of the  CD/download should provide you with the ability to download to either Mac or Windows.  But the downloads are specific to Mac or Windows.   If you get a customer service rep who knows what they are doing, you should be able to get the download for either one.    You are allowed to download to any five computers you own---and it does not matter if they are all Mac or all Windows.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies