turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pamelamd

Does Tennesse make you file for either of these things: A 1099DIV of $400 or a 1099B of $1500. I ask because turbo tax had me do the TN return but doesn’t show the 1099B

This was all from unclaimed property in state of Tennessee, I’m sure my federal return is correct. Just don’t understand why TurboTax had me do Tennesse state as well.  It lists the 1099DIV of $400 but nowhere on the return shows the 1099B of $1500. Should I just delete the return and not mail it. This is for my minor child who is filing for first time
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Does Tennesse make you file for either of these things: A 1099DIV of $400 or a 1099B of $1500. I ask because turbo tax had me do the TN return but doesn’t show the 1099B

Only the interest and dividend income should carry to the Tennessee return, which is correct. This return does not have to be filed for your child based on the information provided below. If you are unable to delete the state return because you have already registered or paid, then you can choose paper filing for the state and ignore it.

Tennessee does not tax individuals' earned income, however a person whose legal domicile* is in Tennessee and whose taxable interest and dividend income exceeded $1,250 ($2,500 if married filing jointly) during the tax year must file. 

For more information you can click this link: 2017 Guidance for Tennessee's Hall Income Tax Return

What is the Hall income tax in Tennessee?
It is the only tax on personal income in Tennessee, which does not levy a general state income tax. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Only the interest and dividend income should carry to the Tennessee return, which is correct. This return does not have to be filed for your child based on the information provided below. If you are unable to delete the state return because you have already registered or paid, then you can choose paper filing for the state and ignore it.

Tennessee does not tax individuals' earned income, however a person whose legal domicile* is in Tennessee and whose taxable interest and dividend income exceeded $1,250 ($2,500 if married filing jointly) during the tax year must file. 

For more information you can click this link: 2017 Guidance for Tennessee's Hall Income Tax Return

What is the Hall income tax in Tennessee?
It is the only tax on personal income in Tennessee, which does not levy a general state income tax. 
pamelamd

Thanks for your help!
DianeW
Expert Alumni

@pamelamd  You're welcome!
Manage cookies