turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do you still recieve your refund if you are being reviewed for 60 days? Should I be worried? Does it mean I should just give up on it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
WillK
Intuit Alumni

Do you still recieve your refund if you are being reviewed for 60 days? Should I be worried? Does it mean I should just give up on it?

It depends on what they find during the review. If they review your return and end up agreeing with everything then yes, they will send you the refund that is owed to you once they complete the review. If they find during the review that they do not agree with what was reported they will change your return.

If they change the return which changes the amount you are refunded, you will get that new amount along with a letter of explanation as to why and how they changed your return. If the adjustments made to your return changes the amount owed to you down to $0, or actually makes you owe taxes, then they will send a letter of explanation. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
WillK
Intuit Alumni

It depends on what they find during the review. If they review your return and end up agreeing with everything then yes, they will send you the refund that is owed to you once they complete the review. If they find during the review that they do not agree with what was reported they will change your return.

If they change the return which changes the amount you are refunded, you will get that new amount along with a letter of explanation as to why and how they changed your return. If the adjustments made to your return changes the amount owed to you down to $0, or actually makes you owe taxes, then they will send a letter of explanation. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If they change the amount will my refund still be direct deposited?
Manage cookies