Solved: Do I need to file an amended return if I forgot to add an additional 1098 form on my original return? I took the Standard Deduction and nothing changes if I add the form.

Do I need to file an amended return if I forgot to add an additional 1098 form on my original return? I took the Standard Deduction and nothing changes if I add the form.

Even when I add the form, the Standard Deduction, which I originally took, is still better for me than the Itemized Deduction. I added to form because I originally forgot it and thinking it might make the Itemized Deduction better for me which it did not.

No, if it does not change your taxes due, there is no reason to file an amended return. It is okay if you leave off a deduction. The IRS does not want the extra paper work of processing amended returns if they make no difference in your taxes.