Do I need to file a tax return if I did not have any income or deductions in 2016 and am claimed as a dependant one another persons tax return?

I filled out a tax return but when I went to print it the finished return it did not have a 1040 available to print,  just the supporting worksheets.  Does this mean I do not need to file it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AmandaR1

No, that just means you did something incorrectly. However, if you have no income and you're a single filer; then you're below the income thresholds and are not required to file a return.  Learn more at the FAQ here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302274

AmandaR1