austinl1

Do I need to amend my 1040EZ for a K1 that was received after filing on an ETF that lost $25?

After filing my 1040 EZ, I received a K1 on a $275 ETF I cashed out. Part III of the K-1 is mostly blank except for Box 11, which shows a loss of $25.and box 13 which has a K in it. Is it necessary to amend for a small loss like this? How do I amend a 1040EZ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MargaretL

No, it is not necessary to amend at this point, as the loss will not impact your tax return. The code K deduction is subject to the 2% floor, meaning only amount over 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income will actually make a difference on your tax return. I highly doubt that the $25 amount exceeds the 2% of your AGI.

MargaretL

austinl1

Thank you for helping me with this answer!
MargaretL

My pleasure and good luck in 2017!