Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

austinl1

Do I need to amend my 1040EZ for a K1 that was received after filing on an ETF that lost $25?

After filing my 1040 EZ, I received a K1 on a $275 ETF I cashed out. Part III of the K-1 is mostly blank except for Box 11, which shows a loss of $25.and box 13 which has a K in it. Is it necessary to amend for a small loss like this? How do I amend a 1040EZ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

Do I need to amend my 1040EZ for a K1 that was received after filing on an ETF that lost $25?

No, it is not necessary to amend at this point, as the loss will not impact your tax return. The code K deduction is subject to the 2% floor, meaning only amount over 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income will actually make a difference on your tax return. I highly doubt that the $25 amount exceeds the 2% of your AGI.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

No, it is not necessary to amend at this point, as the loss will not impact your tax return. The code K deduction is subject to the 2% floor, meaning only amount over 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income will actually make a difference on your tax return. I highly doubt that the $25 amount exceeds the 2% of your AGI.

austinl1

Thank you for helping me with this answer!
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

My pleasure and good luck in 2017!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies