I am filing NY State return as a part-time resident (I moved out to NJ on April 30, 2016). I received a refund from NY state for my 2015 tax return. This refund is showing as my Federal Income for 2016. Do I have to put it again as my NY State Resident income?
I have a federal retirement income which is not taxed but somehow it is showing up on my nys tax return as income obviously I am doing something wrong on my fed, return (putting the income where I shouldnt on the Fed return. Help!
Be sure you select CSA if it is a Civil Service Retirement.
- Sign in to your account and open or continue your return.
- Search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results.
- On the Your 1099-R screen, select Yes and then Continue. (If you land on the Your 1099-R Entries screen instead, select Add Another 1099-R)
- At the import screen, select I'll type it in myself and then Continue.
- Select the CSA-1099-R option (verify the right spouse is selected, if applicable) and Continue to enter the information from your CSA 1099-R.
If it wasn't entered correctly, you'll need to delete the original and re-enter it.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"