Solved: Do I amend return if I filed taxes & days later I received a corrected 1099-DIV? The only difference I see is Qualified Dividends (1b) down by $6.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I amend return if I filed taxes & days later I received a corrected 1099-DIV? The only difference I see is Qualified Dividends (1b) down by $6.

Technically I think I'm owed a bit in my refund because of less dividends in corrected 1099-DIV.  I don't need that bit more of money but I don't want to get in trouble with IRS for not correcting my tax return either.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I amend return if I filed taxes & days later I received a corrected 1099-DIV? The only difference I see is Qualified Dividends (1b) down by $6.

I would not file an amended return for such a small change.  That same information is reported to the IRS, if it changes your tax liability, they will either send you a letter saying you owe, or a check for your additional refund.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I would not file an amended return for such a small change.  That same information is reported to the IRS, if it changes your tax liability, they will either send you a letter saying you owe, or a check for your additional refund.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings