michaeld1397

Didnt get my stimulus check even though i filed my 2019 taxes. was told to claim it on my 2020 tax return but it wont let me since im a dependent this year not last year

how do i claim my stimulus check for my 2019 tax return? to be clear when i filed my 2019 taxes i was not a dependent. it is only this year that i am considered a dependent.

Sorry you miss out.  It is really based on your 2020 return.  If you do not qualify for the Recovery Rebate Credit because of your 2020 tax situation then you will not be able to get the missed stimulus payment.

michaeld1397

Aww that sucks. I thought the very first stimulus was based on the 2019 tax return.